1. The incident occurred at the Coon Island mark which was a windward mark to be rounded to starboard.
2. X approached close hauled on starboard tack.
3. Y had slightly overstood the mark and tacked on to the port lay line.
4. X on starboard approx 1- 1½ boat lengths from the mark, was crossing ahead of Y which was on port tack and Y bore away and passed astern of X to avoid contact with X at X’ mast line.
5. Then X tacked on to port and within 1- 1½ of her boat lengths from the mark.
6. When X tacked Y became overlapped to leeward and ½ a boat length below the mark and less than 1 of her lengths from the mark.
7. Y shot the mark and was head to wind and was still on port tack.
8. The bow of Y made a ‘T’ bone contact with the starboard aft quarter of X.
9. Both boats rounded the mark without changing tack.