What is it?
The Class Development Program (CDP) is a club based coaching program designed to assist recognised junior and youth classes provide coaching at clubs/regions in NSW.
The program is intended to develop sailors and club coaches as they campaign towards their class State and National Championships in conjunction with their club training and competition.
- Clubs apply for coaching support from the classes listed below to Yachting NSW by May 25th 2012. You can download the application from the links below.
- Training support will be organised on a class specific basis so clubs/regions will need to apply separately for each class they wish to receive support for.
- Yachting NSW use the information provided by clubs/regions to allocate coaching support.
- Clubs must provide the following to be eligible for support:
- A coach boat suitable for coaching in the location (must be in good working order)
- Club coaches – to ensure that coach development is progressed
Yachting NSW allocate funding on a class by class basis with consideration to class fleet sizes and other factors. Classes may wish to supplement the Yachting NSW funding to increase the support of their class under this program. If a class wishes to do this clubs must acknowledge the support of the class association.
Clubs are currently eligible to receive coaching support under the Class Development Program for 2011/12: Sabot, Manly Junior, Optimist, Flying 11, 29er, 420, Laser (4.7/Radial).
If your class does not appear in the list above, but you think it is worthy of consideration, please contact the office.